My Blog

Thursday, September 9, 2010

A Letter to a Photographer

Dear Lukas,

I was beyond excitement upon stumbling on your announcement that you were holding a contest for one blessed couple to receive a FREE underwater trash-the-dress session. Every time I think about the possibility of winning the session, I get little butterflies in the pit of my stomach. I hope this letter catches your attention.


My husband and I were married over a year and a half ago, on January 3rd, 2009. (Your sister did our photography - artistic talent runs in your family!) Even before our wedding, Brent and I determined that we wanted to invest in a post-wedding day photo shoot in our tux and gown, because we wanted artistic photos of us in an unorthodox, striking location in our wedding day get-up. Unfortunately, since we've been married we haven't yet found the money in our budget to hire a photographer (you) for such a session. :)

So I'm supposed to tell you why you should choose us. Hmm, well, since you asked:
  • I used to be a nationally competitive synchronized swimmer, and I think my synchro skills would give an intriguing and artistic dimension to our underwater photos. I'm thinking of all these really pretty underwater ballet positions I can get into and maintain in my wedding dress, with me in the background and Brent in the foreground...it would be so lovely. :)
  • My wedding dress would be gorgeous underwater. It has a lacy, transparent and slightly sparckly train that will flow so beautifully in the water and will make a breathtaking picture when rays of sunlight shine through it. I didn't get any pictures of my dress that showed off the beauty of the train, and photographing it underwater would flatter it perfectly. Here are two pictures where you can get a better look at the lacy train. (In the second one, it's been bustled.)



  • Over the past year and a half Brent has taken hundreds of pictures of me, and yet we have like TWO pictures together from the same time frame. That's an exaggeration, but it illustrates a point: I need artistic pictures of me and my handsome hubby TOGETHER!
  • Ok, I don't think this will be possible, but I thought you might give me a point for creativity for mentioning it. Brent and I honeymooned in Hawaii, and snorkeling among the tropical fishies was of course a high point of our trip. It would be SO FUN to have pictures of us in our tux and wedding gown underwater among lots of tropical fish! Snorkel masks and fins would complete it! Hehe! Again, tropical fish in a pool isn't possible, but it's a cool thought. :)
Thank you for this amazing offer Lukas! We would be so blessed to win! And no matter who gets the fabulous prize, I'll look forward to viewing the photo shoot on your website!

Eagerly anticipating Tuesday morning,

Hayley Tyler

3 comments:

  1. Oh I hope you win! That would be so so cool. I thought of you when I read his blog but I wasn't sure if you'd want your dress to get wet. But I think you guys would be perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted a bit on our blog for it/about it, but I hope you win! You two would be so PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just saw the post on facebook. Great job on second place. I can not wait for the pictures!!! Wish I was you!!!!

    ReplyDelete