My Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Prayer Request

Today as I was driving home from work I discovered that the center diamond of my engagement band is missing. I know that I have a lot of "prayer warrior" friends...would you please join me in asking God to let the diamond be found and returned to my hand?

I'm sure it must have fallen out while I was working at Starbucks this morning. I KNOW I saw the diamond on the ring last night, and I'm 85% sure I saw the diamond on the ring when I was washing my hands at work this morning...so it must have happened sometime after that.

I've got quite a mystery on my hands (no pun intended). Not only is the center diamond missing, but both the engagement and wedding bands are severely deformed. I noticed the rings fitting tighter on my hands yesterday, but I attributed it to swollen fingers and didn't examine the rings. When I found out that the diamond was missing, I took the rings off to examine them and found them to be grossly misformed.

What in the world? How did this happen? I've been wracking my brain to try to remember something I've done in the past few days that could have caused this kind of damage. I haven't remembered ANYTHING of the sort yet. No unusual lifting, nothing.

Weird, weird. Almost heartbreaking. But it is good and encouraging and uplifting to know that we know and trust a GOOD God, and that all the jewels on the Earth are His to begin with. He gives, and He takes away, and blessed be His name.

"Both riches and honor come from You, and You reign over all. In Your hand is power and might; In Your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all." ~ 1 Chronicles 29:12

4 comments:

  1. So sorry! And so mysterious! Praying!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you and thanking God for your excellent attitude and great example of how to think when things like this happen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i ditto your mom's sentiment. my heart aches for you, but the Lord knows. i will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete