My Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

An Opportunity

If you read this post, you might remember me mentioning that I'm still in the running for a job at the Quality Auditing Institute in Rancho Cucamonga. If I got the job, I would be doing crazy fun things like setting fire to construction materials to test their resilience and testing the efficiency of plumbing products, in addition to commuting about an hour each way every day. Yeah, yikes. Yikes about the commute. The job description sounds like a blast to me, especially if it's fast paced.

I applied for the job earlier this year, and when I hadn't heard anything from the company after several weeks I gave them a call. I got to speak with the guy who was weeding through resumes and found out from him that I had made the first cut! (The job had been posted on Monster.com, and they had "an overwhelming response" to the announcement and had received many resumes that just weren't even applicable, so they had to be sifted through.)

A month or so later, I received an email from the hiring guy who asked if I was interested in applying for the second round screening for the position. All I had to do was write a half-page letter describing why I was the ideal candidate. So I did.

That was about a month ago. Last week I called the hiring guy again to see if they had chosen someone for the job. He said they hadn't yet, but that I was one of the final nine candidates and that within a week or so they would be narrowing the list even further.

Today I got an email from him asking if I'm available on Friday to speak with him on the telephone about my application. :)

:):):)

Please pray with me. :)

7 comments:

  1. Do you like the sound of this one even more than the one where you'd be checking radiation equipment at hospitals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, except for the travel aspect. There would definitely be less travel with the QAI job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. aw, my mom lives in rancho! (not that you need it, but if you wanted...) you could stop in for a hair cut on your way home from work!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm suddenly confusing you with MythBusters.
    It's SO cool that you've made the cut this far. You'd have to change your blog title--
    "I Set Fire to Things" sounds nice. oooo, I HOPE you get it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so, how'd the phone interview go?

    ReplyDelete