My Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Day's Georgie Quotes/Stories

Heather put the girls in the double stroller for the first time today.
Heather: "Do you like the stroller?"
Georgie: "I sure are!"

Heather, on the phone to her grandparents: "Georgie is enjoying Hayley so much."
Georgie, looking at me: "I'm enjoying you so much, Haywee."

Georgie, with my bulky MacArthur Study Bible open on her lap: "Shhhh!"
Heather: "Why are you sh-shing?"
Georgie, whispering: "We're readin'."

Heather told Georgie to go pick out some pj's, a task that Heather gives her every night and one that she usually completes quite well. This night, however, Georgie came out of her bedroom carrying one pair of boxer briefs and one pair of pajama shorts. She exclaimed, "Look what I found!" Heather explained to her that she had two pairs of shorts...what about a shirt? Georgie considered what Heather had to say, then took the pj shorts back to her room, returning with a long-sleeved pj shirt. She kept talking about how she was so excited to wear her underwear (the boxer briefs), and after she had them on she kept saying how much she LOVED her underwear, that they were so nice and cozy. :)

3 comments:

  1. Sanks for dat, haywee. Did I enjoy it? I sure are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lllllll. Where did she get the "I sure" thing. I love it. So far it's "I sure am" and "I sure are" does she say it another way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember her saying, "She sure did!" in answer to a present-tense statement or question. I'm curious, too, where she got that. Hayley, listen to see if Heather or Matt uses the word "sure" with that inflection when they speak to George. Otherwise, it must be Mickey Mouse Playhouse.

    ReplyDelete