My Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

Sorry to Disappoint

Georgie asked me to draw for her. I asked her what she wanted me to draw. She wanted Mickey and Minnie. I told her I didn't know how to draw them, but I would try. This is what I produced:


I was actually quite impressed with myself and patted myself on the back. Georgie was pleased as well. She asked for Goofy next. With the success of my last drawing, I had confidence going into Goofy. Perhaps it was unfounded.

Oh no.

What is this? Perhaps the Russian version of Goofy?

Georgie was not sold. She said, "That's not Goofy. Maybe he needs a hat." Hence, the cowboy hat.

Surprisingly, she asked me to draw more. She asked for seals.

Pretty reasonable, huh?

Can you guess what she asked for next?

No, it's not a pig-faced banana with a gorilla body and human legs, it's just a gorilla, as the caption indicates.

Before she resorted to easier things like pansies and mangoes, she gave me one last shot and requested giraffes.

She stopped me before I attempted the spots.

4 comments:

  1. Kiki's never gonna think I'm cool again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. llllllllll, we should have Kiki do the same ones and have a draw off. The human legs made me laugh the hardest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just noticed that your blog was posted "50 seconds ago" according to my Blog Reader. I feel like a blog stalker. I promise I just sat down here to check things.
    I asked Kiki what she wanted to say about your pictures and here's exactly what she said:
    "Uhhh....uhhhh....uhhhhh."

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are SOOOOO cool! I think Kiki will appreciate your first drawings-on-demand. I love your drawings. The seals are spot-on! Does Georgie ever ask you to spell things? I did it not using all caps and she told me "that's not an "A", etc., because I was using small letters. But she LOVED to have me just write a word at her command.

    ReplyDelete