My Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Lately

We've been busy! This will be quick, because I've already wasted enough time getting these pictures ready for the blog. I'll write what commentary you need to know then get back to loving on Georgie!

Friday Heather and I hosted some very old friends of ours, Brittany Gaydos and Brooke Abel. The Abel and Hays families were very good friends as we grew up, and it turns out that the Abel sisters are both currently living in Seattle, so it was just a little drive for them to come have lunch with us. Brittany brought her little cutie daughter, Eleanor! It was a fun afternoon catching up and enjoying lots of memories.

The next morning Heather took us all out to breakfast at Salish Lodge. I had heard so much about this place from Heather, so I requested that IF we got out of the house for anything during my time up here, perhaps we could go there? We had the most delicious breakfast with a window seat that gave us a gorgeous view of Snoqualmie Falls and the surrounding mountainside.


When you order coffee at Salish Lodge, it comes with the most delicious toppings.

Sugar, fresh whipped cream, half-n-half, and chocolate shavings!

When Georgie's hot cocoa arrived, she guzzled it like there was no tomorrow.

I ordered the croissant french toast. Heather enjoyed it vicariously through me. It was SO good.

It came with butter and jam. The tabasco sauce was for Georgie's eggs...not the french toast.

As the guzzling slowed, Georgie's playfulness kicked in. She thought it was too cool to sip hot cocoa AND ice cold water at the same time.

On the way home from Salish Lodge, we stopped at the mall for a bit of shopping. Georgie was SO excited at the prospect of getting new clothes. We stopped at Baby Gap and got some summer clothes for her. Georgie clung tightly to any clothing we picked for her.

At home Georgie prompted a cozy session with her mommy and sister. She spread the blanket and cuddled in, saying, "We're so COZY!" Over and over again.

I've been having too much fun with Heather's cute dishes.

Sunday morning we went to the zoo. Here's George making a silly excited face for the camera while she watched the meerkats.

Messy do. Another topsy turvy. Didn't turn out as neat and clean as the last one I did with her hair, but this one turned out messy in a trendy way.

When we got too cold (and Olivia needed to eat), we stopped at the zoo cafe for hot cocoa. George got whipped cream all OVER her face.

Yesterday I tried out some more fancy skills with Georgie's hair.

She looks too grown up. Like a little school girl.

Yesterday Georgie and I ran some errands together, so I took Georgie out to lunch at Wendy's. I ordered her a doublestack cheeseburger and as I was taking it out of the bun and cutting it up for her, she said, "Mmm, doublestee-yack." There was a grandma sitting near us who chuckled and smiled at Georgie upon hearing that.

3 comments:

  1. Fun, fulfilling post! Thanks. I'm smilin' like that grandma at Wendy's.

    Did Georgie pile all those toys around Eleanor? If so, I love that she picked some of her most precious items to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Georgie did pile all of those toys around her! Thanks for reminding me, because it actually made for a cute story. The pile eventually swelled to about three times that size, Georgie just could not stop thinking of all the toys she wanted to share with Eleanor. Eleanor seemed a little overwhelmed, but took one toy at a time and tasted it politely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. tasted it politely,llllllllll. What was on top of your coffee, white chocolate shingles? ANd were those STONES on the table cloth?

    ReplyDelete