My Blog

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

You Can *PAM* it Like This!

Last Georgie story, I promise.

My little 3 year old niece has quite the little mind of her own. She'll come up with her own phrases and names for certain things if no other names exist for those things that are suitable (in her mind). For instance, Heather's nursing pillow is not a "nursing pillow" or a "boppy pillow," no, it is a "cumbaya." And a little dollop of mushy food crumb found on your finger, or a booger found on your finger, or a spit wad, or any tiny-little-pretty-gross-something, is a "peeta-potter." Duh, right?

One morning while I was in Seattle, Georgie woke up ready to play and to narrate excitedly to Heather and me as she was going about her business of making us breakfast with her toy kitchen utensils. She chattered away excessively while she went to and fro, bringing dishes to Heather, telling her what was on them, when Heather could start eating, etc. In the midst of all of that busyness and chatter, I heard Georgie pause in front of Heather long enough to show her a toy skillet and say,

"And you can PAM it like this! *PAM* *PAM* *PAM*!" With each *PAM* she smacked the bottom of the overturned skillet with the palm of her hand.

Then she just went about her business of preparing breakfast and narrating.

Heather and I looked at each other and got the giggles. What in the WORLD does "pamming" mean?

Oh, George.

4 comments:

  1. Finally, a way to Pam things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here, "life" just keeps getting in the way of blogging. I have many things to tell you all about soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I think I know why Georgie used the term "pam it" because I think I remember that when I was there or in SOME kitchen with George, Heather or SOMEONE asked me what to grease some pan with and I said, "You can just Pam it" by which I meant they could spray it with Pam spray-oil.

    ReplyDelete